Option B: 4.x Tier 1 or 2 Hardware Appliance to Virtual Appliance
The KwikTag System is delivered as a virtual Appliance ready for your Hyper-V or VMware environment. Your current KwikTag hardware is insufficient for the requirements of Windows Server 2008 R2, but can be repurposed after KwikTag is moved to a virtual environment on another server. The pro-rated amount of hardware support costs from upgrade to renewal will be credited on your maintenance and support agreement at your next renewal, and hardware support removed from future support contracts.
The upgrade to T3 will involve staging the virtual image, porting the database, and reconfiguring the new environment. The specifications/minimum requirements for the T3 virtual environment have changed, and are as follows:
- Customer provided hardware, virtual environment and Windows Server 2008 R2 license key required. Because the 4.x hardware appliance included a Windows Server 2003 license, a Windows Server 2008 R2 license key will be necessary and is not provided with the KwikTag System.
- VMWare ESX 4.x or newer or Microsoft Hyper-V on Server 2008 R2 (not VPC or Virtual Server)
- 8GB RAM strongly recommended (4GB minimum)
- 175GB storage minimum; without documents
- 2.4 GHz dual-core or greater
For all upgrades, it is necessary to evaluate the technical environment, such as software and operating system versions, KwikTag features and integrations to third-party applications. Some circumstances may trigger additional services to complete the upgrade and will be scoped and quoted accordingly, such as integrations, multiple servers, and customizations. Please fill out the KwikTag T3 Upgrade Technical Questionnaire and consult with us for a specific quote.