Option A: 4.x Virtual to T3 Virtual
The KwikTag System is delivered as a virtual Appliance ready for your Hyper-V or VMware environment. If you already have a KwikTag 4.x virtual appliance in place, the upgrade to T3 will involve staging the second image, porting the database, and reconfiguring the new environment. The specifications/minimum requirements for the T3 virtual environment have changed, and are as follows:
- Customer provided hardware, virtual environment and Windows Server 2008 R2 license key required. Because the 4.x virtual environment included a retail Windows Server 2008 license with a 2003 downgrade kit, the Windows Server 2008 R2 license key from the 4.x virtual KwikTag System is reusable for use with T3.
- VMWare ESX 4.x or newer or Microsoft Hyper-V on Server 2008 R2 (not VPC or Virtual Server)
- 8GB RAM strongly recommended (4GB minimum)
- 175GB storage minimum; without documents
- 2.4 GHz dual-core or greater
For all upgrades, it is necessary to evaluate the technical environment, such as software and operating system versions, KwikTag features and integrations to third-party applications. Some circumstances may trigger additional services to complete the upgrade and will be scoped and quoted accordingly, such as integrations, multiple servers, and customizations. Please fill out the KwikTag T3 Upgrade Technical Questionnaire and consult with us for a specific quote.